Characteristics of the TIDE impact assessment method
This book explains the motivation for creating the TIDE impact assessment, and describes its characteristics and advantages.
1. The rationale behind the TIDE impact assessment method
There is demand for a simplified method for impact-assessment of a variety of local transport measures, considering all relevant impacts (quantitative or qualitative effects). The TIDE method has been designed to addresses this demand.
Key characteristics of the TIDE assessment method are:
- It allows measures to be compared to the business-as-usual case or for multiple measures to be compared to each other.
- It can be applied to most urban transport measures
- It can be used to assess quantitative and qualitative effects, combined into one overall score
- It can also incorporate a CBA-like economic assessment
- It can be adapted according to the budget and data availability
TIDE'S thematic focus areas