Stages of marketing research
Designing market research carefully and avoiding errors is crucial to your ultimate success.
4. Analysis and design of your research problem
Analysis and design of your research problem is the most complex and most important stage of the research. The key element is to define your question. This could be, for example:
Should we allow for carriage of bikes in our public transport vehicles?
Your research problem is then to examine the opinions of passengers on the carriage of bikes in public transport vehicles.
A properly defined problem is the base from which to develop detailed questions that might be used in the research. These could include:
- Should we allow for carriage of bikes on all lines of public transport?
- Whan conditions should be met to allow for carriage of bikes in public transport vehicles?
- What is the current evaluation of comfort of travel among our passengers?
- What is the opinion of passengers on cycling as a mode of transport?