News forum

Unit 1 task: Introduce yourself

Re: Unit 1 task: Introduce yourself

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Hello my name is Thales Tito Borges but you can call me Tito, I am a Undergraduate student studying Environmental Engineering at the Federal University of Itajubá, has interest in studies and work on issues related to urban planning, sustainable urban development and urban mobility. In 2014-2015 he conducted undergraduate research project linked to the theme. We want to further their studies in the subject.

I live in Brazil, more specifically in the state of Minas Gerais, in a town called Itajubá, located on top of Mount Mantiqueira, a welcoming city, with great potential to become a city in "human scale," without cars and vehicles motor, however here in Brazil our reality quite differently, mobility plans began to be implemented in 2012 with time limit for completion by 2015, however, here in Itajubá and many municipalities the plan has not even started to be done. 

Itajubá not have quality public transportation , this creates a false sense that the city does not need public transport which eventually leads people to use individual and motorized transport