Unit 6 task
Identify the financial scheme based to fund the transport system in your city.
- Which percentage of the incomes are related to the fare?
- Are there subsidies to cover part of the costs?
- Is it legally possible to receive funding from other sources such as crossed subsidies?
- Are there congestion charging policies in the city which could fund the public transport system?
- If the previous question present a “No” for an answer, how prepared is the city to start discussions around different types of funding for public transportation in order to improve quality of service so that it doesn’t affect low income families?
Please post your response in the News forum under Unit 6: your task.
Last modified: Thursday, 19 November 2015, 12:28 PM