Our courses are part of innovative international projects on sustainable development in cities and regions in Europe and worldwide. Through this constant influx of new knowledge, insights and know-how we can offer cutting edge content, developed and moderated by people who are at the forefront of practical approaches to sustainable development.
FLOW - Furthering Less Congestion by Creating Opportunities For More Walking and Cycling (2015-2018)
- put walking and cycling on an equal footing with motorised modes
- developing a methodology to assess the effectiveness of walking and cycling measures in addressing urban road congestion in conjunction with transport modelling tools
- aims to integrate the
FLOW methodology and congestion assessment tools into the current
standard transport impact analysis process
For more information about the FLOW project, click here.
SmartMove - Promoting public transport use in rural areas (2014-2016)
- focus on specific challenges of public transport in rural areas, incl. feeder systems;
- increasing peoples' awareness and use of public transport through active mobility consultancy;
- interactive e-learning course about lessons learned from first-hand experience.
For more information about the SmartMove project, click here.
CH4LLENGE - Addressing the four key challenges of sustainable urban mobility planning (2013-2016)
- addressing the most pressing challenges in the development and implementation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs);
- innovative and transferable solutions tested by nine European cities;
- e-learning courses on participation, cooperation, measure identification and monitoring & evaluation.
SOLUTIONS- Sharing Opportunities for Low carbon Urban transportation (2013-2016)
- sharing best practice experience in low carbon urban transportation with cities across the world;
- focus on various regions: the Mediterranean, China, Singapore and Latin America;
- facilitating dialogue and creating networking opportunities;
- e-courses on public transport, cycling infrastructure, logistics, SUMP, electric vehicles and many more
For more information about the SOLUTIONS project, click here.
SWITCH - Embracing Active Travel for Health (2014-2016)
- Promoting a switch from car-travel to active modes (walking and cycling) through:
- Personalised travel planning (PTP);
- Use of health arguments;
- Use of ICT tools;
- Addressing people in life-change moments;
- interactive e-learning course to support the development of an "Implementation Scenario".
TIDE - Transportation Innovation Deployment for Europe (2012-2016)
- TIDE fosters take-up of 15 innovative urban mobility measures throughout Europe;
- thematic clusters on financing models / pricing; non-motorised transport; network and traffic management; electric vehicles; public transport organization;
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans as horizontal topic across all thematic clusters;
For more information about the TIDE project, click here.
TRANSFORuM - Transport 2050 (2013-2015)
- "Stakeholder-driven" roadmaps towards the implementation of the 2011 Transport White Paper of the European Commission in four ares:
- clean urban mobility
- long-distance freight
- high-speed rail
- multimodal transport information, management and payment systems
- key results available in interactive eLearning format; see www.transforum-project.eu for full-length versions.
For more information about the TRANSFORuM project, click here.
ACTUATE - Advanced training and education for safe eco-driving of clean vehicles (2012-2015)
- optimising the driving style for reduced energy consumption of new and innovative clean public transport vehicles;
- the three ACTUATE courses correspond to three vehicle types: trolleybus, tram and hybrid bus;
- they are available in four languages (English, German, Czech and Italian).
Back to the homepage