Our courses are developed and
offered in the context of international research and innovation projects on
sustainable development in cities and regions in Europe and worldwide. They
generally include examples from cities that have started implementing these new
ideas and are intended to share the knowledge and insights gained with other
cities and organisations in Europe and around the world.
SUMI is a service contract for the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport providing technical support related to sustainable urban mobility indicators (MOVE/B4/2017-358). The project will help urban areas using the “SMP2.0 Sustainable Mobility Indicators” developed by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). Find out more about the SUMI project!
SUMPs-Up - Accelerating the Take-up of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (2016 – 2020)
SUMPs-Up is a European Programme for accelerating the take up of
Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs). An experienced consortium of
public and private organisations, including four major city networks and
seven front-runner cities, has reviewed, strengthened and integrated
existing resources, designing a support system to assist cities to overcome the barriers associated with developing high quality SUMPs. The project fosters knowledge transfer
and peer-to-peer exchange and supports national governments and multipliers in developing structures for SUMP.
FLOW - Reducing Congestion Through More Walking and Cycling (2015-2018)The FLOW project aimed to put walking and cycling on an equal footing with
motorised modes with regard to their ability to address urban congestion. This was done by developing a methodology to assess the effectiveness of walking and cycling measures in addressing urban road
congestion in conjunction with transport modelling tools and by more accurately incorporating walking and cycling into transport modelling tools.
Urban Nodes - Study on improving the efficiency of the transport system in urban nodes of the TEN-T core network (2015-2016)
- provides technical assistance to the European Commission's DG MOVE in helping to further develop the urban dimension of the trans-European transport core network (TEN-T) in the framework of the new TEN-T policy initiated in 2013;
- identify cost-effective measures to improve the efficiency of the transport system in urban nodes and draft recommendations on how to improve and replicate those measures in other urban nodes;
- e-course which available to all interested urban nodes of the core European transport network comprising facts, findings and recommendations to identify effective policies and measures to fulfil their nodal function in the TEN-T.
SmartMove - Promoting public transport use in rural areas (2014-2016)
- focus on specific challenges of public transport in rural areas, incl. feeder systems;
- increasing peoples' awareness and use of public transport through active mobility consultancy;
- interactive e-learning course about lessons learned from first-hand experience.
CH4LLENGE - Addressing the four key challenges of sustainable urban mobility planning (2013-2016)
- addressing the most pressing challenges in the development and implementation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs);
- innovative and transferable solutions tested by nine European cities;
- e-courses on participation, cooperation, measure identification and monitoring & evaluation.
SOLUTIONS- Sharing Opportunities for Low carbon Urban transportation (2013-2016)
- sharing best practice experience in low carbon urban transportation with cities across the world;
- focus on various regions: the Mediterranean, China, Singapore and Latin America;
- facilitating dialogue and creating networking opportunities;
- e-courses on public transport, cycling infrastructure, logistics, SUMP, electric vehicles and many more
SWITCH - Embracing Active Travel for Health (2014-2016)
- Promoting a switch from car-travel to active modes (walking and cycling) through:
- Personalised travel planning (PTP);
- Use of health arguments;
- Use of ICT tools;
- Addressing people in life-change moments;
- interactive e-learning course to support the development of an "Implementation Scenario".
TIDE - Transportation Innovation Deployment for Europe (2012-2015)
- TIDE fosters take-up of 15 innovative urban mobility measures throughout Europe;
- thematic clusters on financing models / pricing; non-motorised transport; network and traffic management; electric vehicles; public transport organization;
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans as horizontal topic across all thematic clusters;
TRANSFORuM - Transport 2050 (2013-2015)
- "Stakeholder-driven" roadmaps towards the implementation of the 2011 Transport White Paper of the European Commission in four ares:
- clean urban mobility
- long-distance freight
- high-speed rail
- multimodal transport information, management and payment systems
- key results available in interactive eLearning format; see www.transforum-project.eu for full-length versions.