Our courses are part of innovative international projects on sustainable development in cities and regions in Europe and worldwide. Through this constant influx of new knowledge, insights and know-how we can offer cutting edge content, developed and moderated by people who are at the forefront of practical approaches to sustainable development.
SUMPs-Up - European Programme for accelerating the Take-Up of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (2016 – 2020)
planning authorities across Europe to overcome the barriers in SUMP
implementation through a comprehensive programme comprising capacity building, trainings
and support mechanisms;
- foster knowledge-transfer
and peer-to-peer exchange on SUMP development and implementation from the seven
- support national governments and multipliers in developing structures for SUMP;
- e-learning courses on SUMP planning, SUMP process and measure development, and SUMP financing and procurement.
FLOW - Furthering Less Congestion by Creating Opportunities For More Walking and Cycling (2015-2018)
- put walking and cycling on an equal footing with motorised modes;
- developing a methodology to assess the effectiveness of walking and cycling measures in addressing urban road congestion in conjunction with transport modelling tools;
- aims to integrate the
FLOW methodology and congestion assessment tools into the current
standard transport impact analysis process.
For more information about the FLOW project, click here.
Urban Nodes - Study on improving the efficiency of the transport system in urban nodes of the TEN-T core network (2015-2016)
- provides technical assistance to the European Commission's DG MOVE in helping to further develop the urban dimension of the trans-European transport core network (TEN-T) in the framework of the new TEN-T policy initiated in 2013;
- identify cost-effective measures to improve the efficiency of the transport system in urban nodes and draft recommendations on how to improve and replicate those measures in other urban nodes;
- e-course which available to all interested urban nodes of the core European transport network comprising facts, findings and recommendations to identify effective policies and measures to fulfil their nodal function in the TEN-T.
For more information about the Urban Nodes project, click here.
SmartMove - Promoting public transport use in rural areas (2014-2016)
- focus on specific challenges of public transport in rural areas, incl. feeder systems;
- increasing peoples' awareness and use of public transport through active mobility consultancy;
- interactive e-learning course about lessons learned from first-hand experience.
For more information about the SmartMove project, click here.
CH4LLENGE - Addressing the four key challenges of sustainable urban mobility planning (2013-2016)
- addressing the most pressing challenges in the development and implementation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs);
- innovative and transferable solutions tested by nine European cities;
- e-learning courses on participation, cooperation, measure identification and monitoring & evaluation.
SOLUTIONS- Sharing Opportunities for Low carbon Urban transportation (2013-2016)
- sharing best practice experience in low carbon urban transportation with cities across the world;
- focus on various regions: the Mediterranean, China, Singapore and Latin America;
- facilitating dialogue and creating networking opportunities;
- e-courses on public transport, cycling infrastructure, logistics, SUMP, electric vehicles and many more
For more information about the SOLUTIONS project, click here.
SWITCH - Embracing Active Travel for Health (2014-2016)
- Promoting a switch from car-travel to active modes (walking and cycling) through:
- Personalised travel planning (PTP);
- Use of health arguments;
- Use of ICT tools;
- Addressing people in life-change moments;
- interactive e-learning course to support the development of an "Implementation Scenario".
TIDE - Transportation Innovation Deployment for Europe (2012-2016)
- TIDE fosters take-up of 15 innovative urban mobility measures throughout Europe;
- thematic clusters on financing models / pricing; non-motorised transport; network and traffic management; electric vehicles; public transport organization;
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans as horizontal topic across all thematic clusters;
For more information about the TIDE project, click here.
TRANSFORuM - Transport 2050 (2013-2015)
- "Stakeholder-driven" roadmaps towards the implementation of the 2011 Transport White Paper of the European Commission in four ares:
- clean urban mobility
- long-distance freight
- high-speed rail
- multimodal transport information, management and payment systems
- key results available in interactive eLearning format; see www.transforum-project.eu for full-length versions.
For more information about the TRANSFORuM project, click here.
ACTUATE - Advanced training and education for safe eco-driving of clean vehicles (2012-2015)
- optimising the driving style for reduced energy consumption of new and innovative clean public transport vehicles;
- the three ACTUATE courses correspond to three vehicle types: trolleybus, tram and hybrid bus;
- they are available in four languages (English, German, Czech and Italian).
Back to the homepage