Unit 1: your task
Since this unit is called 'Introduction', your first task is to introduce yourself and your town or city in the context of public transport marketing research. Please address the following points:
- What type of organisation do you represent?
- Are you involved in the marketing activities of your organisation?
Does your public transport market have a local, metropolitan or regional dimension?
Does your public transport market have a single organising authority?
Who is responsible for:
What type of contracts do you have between operator(s) and contracting bodies?
- What are your goals for this course?
Please post your introduction in the news forum under Unit 1: Introduction.
I (Marcin) will visit the news forum regularly to add my thoughts and comments to yours. Just so you know something about me, I am:
- Associate Professor at the Department of Transportation Market, Faculty of Economics, University of Gdańsk
- Councillor of City of Gdynia (Poland) since 1998, chairing the Commission on Strategy and Economic Policy
- Project Manager at the University of Gdańsk for the EU TIDE, CIVITAS DYN@MO and TROLLEY projects
- member of the Supervisory Board of PKP Intercity, the biggest railway passenger operator in Poland
- Consultant to the Polish Ministry of Transport and to local and regional authorities
- Consultant to international companies including Deutsche Bahn (Germany), VECTURA and WSP (Sweden) and TETRAPLAN (Denmark
To leave this task page, click on Market research in PT at the top of the page.