Unit 2: Your Task
Many cities are facing severe urban and regional transport challenges. These may include congestion, road safety problems, air pollution, difficulties in financing infrastructure, or accessibility issues. Think about the following questions and post your answers in the discussion forum under Unit 2: your task. We encourage you to post photos which are representative of the transport challenges being faced in your city or country. Therefore, for this task please also post a "before" and "after" picture which illustrates the current status and the future vision of sustainable mobility that you hope your city or country will attain.
- What are the major transport-related problems in your country?
- Are there regional differences in transport problems?
- Are indicators and data available illustrating the severity of the problems?
To further inform your response, you should also briefly research your country's national targets:
- Are there any strategy documents on national level aiming to tackle the urban transport problems?
- Are there any official targets related to e.g. the environment, climate, pollution, energy, transport, safety, or quality of life?